This Policy may change as we continue to develop our websites, mobile applications and online services or programs (collectively “websites”), so we encourage you to refer to this Policy on an ongoing basis, so that you understand our current Policy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECTION 1 — What Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect various types of information depending on how you use our websites, such as:
- When you purchase something or make a donation from one of our websites, we collect certain personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address, in order to process your purchase.
- When you send us a message, we collect your email address so that we can respond to you.
- When you create an account with us, we collect personal information such as your name, address, and email address in order to expedite any future purchases.
- When you register and/or participate in any event, program, contest, surveys or other promotion that we may offer from time to time (collectively, “Promotions”), we may collect certain contact information from you.
- When you begin or complete the application process for employment, we collect personal information such as your name, address, and phone number in order to process your application.
- When you access or use Lofton & Co. pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (“Social Media Pages”);
- When you comment on our blog or sign up to receive news and special offers from us, we may use your email address in order to communicate with you about Lofton & Co. products, services, or events we think may be of interest to you (as permitted by law).
- When you browse our websites, we may also collect certain “non-personal information,” which by itself, cannot be used to identify or contact you. This includes demographic information (such as your age, gender, income, education, zip code, etc.), technical information (such as your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, device screen resolution, device type, operating system, mouse movements, location and clicks, keypresses and the type of browser you are using), and information you provide us while using our websites (such as the terms you enter in the search function of our websites). This information helps us evaluate consumer trends and usage related to our websites, and allows us to improve our website content and offerings accordingly.
- In addition to the above-described information, we and our third-party service providers may collect additional information when you utilize any of our mobile applications, including the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, and information about the way you use our mobile applications.
We will retain your personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or not prohibited by law.
SECTION 2 – Your Consent
In many circumstances, we will not collect or process your personal information without your consent. We will ask for your express consent where required or where we find it appropriate. If you choose not to consent, please do not use our website, products, or services, and do not provide us with any personal information. You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or mailing us at: 140 Wesley Avenue, Jackson, Mississippi 39202 United States, Attn: IT & Security Department.
SECTION 3 – How We Share Your Information
We may share your personal information with certain entities that control us, are controlled by us, or are under common control with Lofton & Company Brands LLC, or are licensees with respect to Lofton & Co.-branded products or services (collectively, our “Affiliates”), so that they and we can offer you products and services that may be of interest to you. We require that our Affiliates agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. These Affiliates include the following entities, all of which are located in the United States:
- Lofton & Company Brands, LLC d/b/a Lofton & Co.
Online Advertising and Third Parties
We work with certain third parties for advertising or promotional purposes, including to: conduct special events; serve advertisements across the Internet; track and categorize your activity and interests over time on our websites and mobile applications, and on third-party websites and mobile applications; and to identify the different devices you use to access websites and mobile applications. We may share your information with these third parties as described in this Policy, and these third parties may collect information from you independently as described in their privacy policies. The information that these companies collect or that we share may be used to customize or personalize the advertisements that are displayed to you.
We may share personal information with the third parties we work with for advertising purposes; however, we generally do not share personal information about you with third parties for non-Affiliate third-party marketing or advertising purposes. We may also share aggregate information, such as demographic information, and our statistical analyses, to third parties in our discretion. This aggregate information does not include your personal information.
We may also share your personal information with third-party providers that perform services for us. For example, our web store is hosted by WordPress. We share your personal information with service providers such as WordPress in order to provide our website and products and services to you. Any credit card or bank account information you provide our websites will not be stored on our servers, and is instead passed directly to the third-party provider. When we work with a third-party provider, we require that these parties agree to process your personal information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and applicable laws.
Please remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you choose to use our websites, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdictions in which our third-party providers or their facilities are located.
Additionally, we may disclose your personal information and other related information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also collect and share personal information in order to investigate or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law or by government and regulatory authorities.
Links and Social Network Posting Tools
Information You Post to Our Websites
Keep in mind that any information that you choose to post to our websites, including product reviews and blog comments, can be seen, collected, and used by anyone who visits our websites. We are not responsible for unauthorized third-party uses of such information.
SECTION 4 – How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information collected on our websites. Of course, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you provide us won’t be intercepted during transmission over the Internet.
SECTION 5 – Cookies and Similar Technologies
Third parties that have content embedded on our website (such as buttons, widgets, and other embedded features or content) may set cookies on your browser or obtain information about the fact that you visited our websites from a certain IP address. Our third-party providers may also collect personal information as described in the section above. We do not authorize third parties to collect any other personal information from our websites unless you provide it to them directly.
What Are Cookies and How to Disable Them
A “cookie” is a small piece of information sent to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. It holds information a site may need to interact with you and personalize your experience. Our websites use both session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies enable you to move from page to page and to use features on our websites while your browser remains open. For example, session cookies allow you to add products to your shopping cart and carry the contents of your cart to checkout.
Persistent cookies last from visit to visit. For example, persistent cookies may be used to recognize you as a previous user to provide a more personalized experience. They are stored in your computer, device, or browser until you choose to delete them.
The majority of web browsers accept cookies and similar files, but you can usually change the browser settings to prevent this. However, if you do so, some functionality of this website may be lost. Please visit www.allaboutcookies.org for more information about cookies and how to disable them.
Do Not Track
Our websites currently do not respond to Do Not Track signals in browsers.
SECTION 6 – Children’s Privacy
It is our policy not to knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13. If you are a parent/guardian and you suspect that your child may have submitted personal information to us, please send us an email. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will strive to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
SECTION 7 – Changes to This Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. This Policy was last updated April 29, 2020.
If our business undergoes a fundamental change such as, for example, a sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the other parties in the transaction so that we may continue to provide products and services to you.
SECTION 8 – Access and Corrections
You may contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org to (1) see what personal information we have about you, if any, (2) change or correct any personal information we have about you, 3) have us delete any personal information we have about you, or 4) express any complaints or concerns you have about our use of your personal information. It is not technologically possible to change or delete each and every instance of the information we hold on you from our systems, and data may remain in non-erasable or aggregate form. We may retain data for a period in our backup or temporary systems. We may also retain some information for longer periods as required by law, contract, or auditing requirements.
SECTION 9 – Questions and Contact Information
We welcome your feedback and questions about this Policy. If for any reason you wish to contact us, please send us an email.